Are you looking for an independent job where you can be your own boss? You want to work only when you want and how long you want? You already have a job, but you are looking for a proven way to earn some extra money? It is worth considering riding with Uber. How to become an Uber driver?
Create a driver profile
The first step to becoming a Uber partner is online registration. All you have to do is register on Uber’s website, providing basic information. You will receive an invitation to an information meeting and access to the profile to which you should send scans of relevant documents. You will already have your profile, but it will be fully activated after all data and documents have been verified.
Details of driver requirements
Minimal requirements. There are several minimum requirements that you must meet before you can register with Uber:
- Reach the minimum age to drive in your city
- Have at least one year of driving experience in the USA (3 years if you are under 23)
- Have a valid US driving license
- Use a eligible 4-door vehicle
In the next step, share the following documentation:
- Valid US driving license
- Proof of residence in your city, state or province
- Proof of vehicle insurance if you plan to drive your own car
- Driver’s profile picture
- This must be the center photo facing forward, including the driver’s face and shoulders, without sunglasses
- It must be only a photo of the driver without another object in the frame, well lit and sharp; it cannot be a driving license photo or other printed photo
After registration, you can complete the online review. He will review your driving data and criminal history.
How much money will you earn?
Most drivers will earn around $ 10-20 per hour, including expenses such as gasoline and car maintenance. Uber often offers cash bonuses when you apply for the title of driver. Uber is also known for offering up to $ 500 to Lyft drivers for joining Uber. Uber driver has many monetization options, but you can’t just launch the application and expect to make a lot of money. You must want to try new places, new times and, in general, go beyond what other drivers do.
Another way to maximize your earnings is to drive a profitable car. Driving a hybrid vehicle can save up to $ 200 a month on gasoline, which will then increase your earnings. Other ways to increase profits include driving at a time of rapid growth when Uber charges riders with higher rates due to a lack of available drivers in a certain area at a certain time or for rides in a populated city. For example, if you live in San Fernando, California, it is better to go to Los Angeles to find many driving opportunities.